This Brum Girl Can
What is This Girl Can?
The “This girl can” campaign is based on a powerful insight: that the fear of judgement by others is the primary barrier holding women back from participating in sport. This fear covers concerns over their appearance, ability, or the simple fact they are choosing to spend time on themselves, rather than on their families.
It is a national campaign developed by Sport England and a wide range of partnership organisations to inspire more women and girls to become active. In Birmingham we are working to ensure that you get a chance to try out new things and exercise in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Our 2017 campaign launched on 8th March and we have lots of different activities planned for the summer – keep checking back as new activities are being added all the time.
Join us to try something new, meet new friends and have fun…. And it’s all free!
Regular Women only sessions
NEWTOWN WELLBEING CENTRE
- Gym 09.00am – 1.00pm (Hourly sessions)
- Swimming 12.15pm – 1.15pm (Female Lifeguards)
- Moms and babies 12.30pm – 1.30pm(female instructor and lifeguard)
HANDSWORTH WELLBEING CENTRE
- Gym 09.00am – 4.00pm (Hourly sessions)
- Swimming 09.00am – 4.00pm (Female lifeguards 12.00-1.00 only)
- Badminton 09.00am – 11.00am
- W.M.B Fitness 10.00am – 11.00am(Boot camp)
- 50+ Keep fit 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Tennis 12.00pm – 1.00pm
- Boxercise 1.30pm – 2.30pm
STANHOPE WELLBEING HUB
- Zumba 6.30pm – 7.30pm
SALTLEY WELLBEING CENTRE
- Gym 09.00am – 11.00am
- Zumba 9.30am – 10.30am
- Self Defence 11.00am – 12 noon
- Badminton 10.00am – 12 noon
- Table Tennis 12 noon – 1.00pm
- Netball 1.00pm – 2.30pm
- Circuits 1.30pm – 3.00pm
SMALL HEATH WELBEING CENTRE
- Gym 08.00am – 6.00pm (Hourly sessions)