[marginTop] => 100
[width] => 292
[height] => 300
[alignment] => left
[color_scheme] => light
[header] => header
[footer] => footer
[border] => true
[scrollbar] => scrollbar
[linkcolor] => #2EA2CC
- Q. I’m already a Be active customer, do I need to renew my existing card?
- A. No
- Q. I’ve looked at the timetable to use the gym at my local leisure centre. Why is it no longer available at the time I used to visit?
- A. Take a look at your next nearest leisure centre to see if you attend a gym session at a more convenient time. Or, why not try out one of the new activities on offer such as badminton.
- Q. I would like to do more outside activities but cannot see many?
- A. Birmingham Active Parks provide a range of physical activity opportunities in parks and open spaces. Take a look at our timetables or visit https://www.parklives.com/
- Q. Can my child still swim in Be active times
- A. Yes, children aged 15 years and under can swim free of charge during any general swimming session. All Children will need a Leisure Card. All under 8 year olds must be accompanied by an adult at all times both in and out of the water (maximum of 2 under 8’s per adult).
- Q. Can I still use any leisure centre?
- A. Yes, you will also notice on the timetables we now have even more centres providing Be active activities
- Q. I would like to join the scheme is this still possible?
- A. Yes, just pop into your nearest Wellbeing Centre or Council run leisure Centre with 2 proofs of address and speak to a member of staff
- Q. My friend is eligible for the scheme and I am not as my postcode is not on the list. Why?
- A. Some ‘B’ postcodes are outside the Birmingham City boundary, therefore not eligible to join Be active
- Q. The Be active gym session at my local leisure centre finishes at 5.00pm. What is the latest I can come into the gym?
- A. You will be able to come into the gym up to 5.00pm. However, after the Be active time has finished you will be asked to vacate.
- Q. How old must you be to take part in group fitness classes?
- A. You must be aged 16 or over to take part in group exercise classes within our Wellbeing centres unless otherwise specified. Under 16 year olds may take part in our outdoor fitness classes, some age restrictions may apply to specific classes, please speak to the instructor for more information.